Werftmodell des norwegischen Passagier-/Auswandererschiffes "MS SKAUBRYN"
incl. VAT plus delivery
Delivery time: 7 day(s)
construction model by the model-building workshop Chr. Stührmann in Hamburg
Additional product information
- Item number
- model-building workshop Chr. Stührmann in Hamburg
- Werftmodell des norwegischen Passagier-/Auswandererschiffes "MS SKAUBRYN" (construction model of the Norwegian passenger/emigrant ship "MS SKAUBRYN")
- construction model
- wooden case with glass cover
- Width incl. case [cm]
- Height incl. case [cm]
- Depth incl. case [cm]
- Special features
- Built in 1950 for the I. M. Skaugen shipping company, Oslo, by the Swedish shipyard Öresundsvarvet, Landskrona, designed as a cargo ship. She was redesigned into a passenger ship and completed by the shipyard Howaldtswerke AG, Kiel, in 1951. She mainly shipped emigrants from Europe to Australia. On a journey from Bremerhaven to Sydney with 1,288 passengers on board she caught fire in the Indian Ocean and sank on 6th April 1958, all people on board were saved. Measuring 9,786 GRT. Size: length 139,7 m, width 17,4 m. Diesel engine by Götaverken, Sweden, with 6,500 HP, speed 17 knots. Original construction model on a scale of 1:100, built by the renowned model-building workshop Chr. Stührmann in Hamburg in a very detailed and most accurate style. It is in an outstanding, perfect condition - absolute museum quality. Mounted on a stable Mahagoni plate with a glass case. Damageable model, no shipping possible, pickup by the customer only!
- Note regarding price quotation
- Price on request, no sale via the online shop, VAT can be stated separately.