Johannes Holst - Treffen auf dem Atlantik
Delivery time: 7 day(s)
oil painting by Johannes Holst
Additional product information
- Item number
- Johannes Holst
- * 22nd October 1880 in Hamburg-Altenwerder, † 5th July 1965 in Hamburg
- Treffen auf dem Atlantik (encounter on the Atlantic)
- oil on canvas
- Width [cm]
- Height [cm]
- Width incl. frame [cm]
- Height incl. frame [cm]
- handmade silver frame
- Special features
- Sophisticated artistic depiction in very good condition, not listed in König's book. Signed and dated "1941" in white. The oil painting shows the RICKMER RICKMERS on the high seas, a second ship in the background. At that time she was still rigged as a full ship. Only in 1904, after an average near New York, she was converted into a three mast bark. In 1896 she was built as a full rigged ship by the Rickmers shipyard in Geestemünde for the Rickmers shipping company in Bremen and is 92m x 12.2m x 6m in size with a tonnage of 1,980 GRT. Named SAGRES she served as a training ship of the Portuguese navy since 1924 and after an extensive restoration she is anchored at Hamburg harbour as a museum ship since 1983.
- Note regarding price quotation
- Price on request, no sale via the online shop.
- Note regarding value-added tax
- Works of art/special regulation: no indication of value-added tax because of differential taxation according to §25a, UstG (German Value Added Tax Act).